The Alpha Xi Chapter Leadership Intern Program is an exciting way for members to learn more about Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (STTI) and develop the necessary skills and confidence for successful leadership in nursing globally. STTI supports the learning and professional development of our members who strive to improve nursing care worldwide (www.nursingsociety.org). In response to this mission, the Leadership Succession Committee is inviting active members to apply to the Leadership Intern Program.
The Leadership Intern position is an opportunity to grow professionally and personally, to develop and expand leadership skills, and learn more about STTI and the Alpha Xi chapter. A leadership intern serves in the position for one year, is mentored by a member of the Board, and will participate in networking and honor society activities at the international or regional and chapter levels.
Selection criteria include:
- Evidence of developing leadership, service, scholarship in nursing
- Availability for a one year term from the starting date
- Current member of Alpha Xi Chapter
The selected intern will be expected to:
- Attend Board meetings and Chapter Induction Ceremonies
- Participate in special event planning and implementation
- Be available for future chapter leadership positions
- Attend (with chapter sponsorship) chapter, regional, or international events
To apply, submit a current curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation from two current Alpha Xi Chapter members, and the attached application form.
Due date is for the current cycle is Wednesday, October 5, 2022 @ 11:59PM.
Send all questions and application materials to:
Cindy Corbett, Leadership Succession Committee Chairperson